(Email us at email@example.com and we'll let you know the moment this series is completed!
The Slangman Guide to STREET FRENCH 1 and Audio Program will explore the most popular slang and idioms used by French locals and show you the way they reduce just about every word!
Imagine if your French friend said to you, Je me suis levé avec la gueule de bois! ("I woke up with the wooden mouth") – you may not realize that you've just been told he has a hangover. Or if he informs you that, J'ai la pêche aujourd'hui! ("I have the peach today!") – you may be unaware that your friend just told you he's feeling great! That's simply because all native speakers of French use slang & idioms; the "secret" language that keeps you on the outside...until now!
The Slangman Guide to STREET FRENCH 1 and Audio Program contains chapters on popular slang and idioms along with lessons on:
- Contractions & Reductions
- The omission of "ne" (Je veux pas y aller)
- The omission of "u" in "tu" (T'as faim?)
- The omission of "re" in verbs (Je vais prend' le bus)
- How the French ask a question
- How to structure sentences when using slang
- Words that add emphasis to your statements
- The many uses of "ça"
- Popular usage of present tense to indicate future
- The slang way to use personal pronouns
- The many uses of "bon"
- and so much more!